Saturday, February 23, 2013

Cupcake Craze

Phew! For Goodness Cakes turned into a cupcake factory yesterday with a total of 146 boxes (that's 1,752 mini cupcakes!) completed for my special Valentine's Day cupcake box promotion.

I came up with the idea last year, but didn't quite get it together in time to advertise to my customers by February, so this year I was very excited to offer a special treat on Valentine's Day. I grew up getting a box of Russell Stover chocolates on every Valentine's Day (thanks Mom!) and as a chocolate lover, it always made me very happy to have an assortment of yummy chocolate treats to bite into. But now that cake is such a big part of my life, I could think of nothing better than an assortment of the most delicious cake and icing combinations in the form of mini cupcakes.

I couldn't have done it without the help of my family and of course my loyal assistant, Jen. The whole gang had a hand - from my mother-in-law folding boxes to my dad picking up lunch and even babysitting. My mom was (as always) my right-hand-man, even staying up past her best functioning hours (she is not a night owl like me) to help me organize orders.

Granddaddy ended up with a face covered in stickers after playing with Isabelle. He loved every minute.


The bakement probably reached it's capacity for mini cupcake production! Start with empty boxes.Fill the boxes with 12 different cupcakes.Ice the cupcakes in 9 different icings, top with hearts......and Ta Dah! The Valentine Mini Cupcake Box: That evening we had our cupcake inspector come down to make sure all orders were perfect.She even wore her uniform. Isabelle did a great job of staring, pointing, and (believe it or not) not touching the cupcakes. Cupcakes could possibly be her favorite thing on earth, and even if she can't taste them, she certainly likes being near them!Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment