Friday, April 5, 2013

The Latest and Greatest

Wait, it's November already? It's hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving is just a week away! October totally flew by. And no wonder...For Goodness Cakes had it's highest grossing month on record! I earned about one fifth of my total annual income last month. In fact, that Halloween costume wasn't really a costume at all. I made so many wedding cakes I actually turned into one!

Ha ha ha...I think I'm delirious. There's been a lot of action in the bakement and here is some of what's been going...


A birthday cake for the daughter of a Hollywood celebrity...can you guess who?!Isabelle sneaking in the icing bag while I set up a wedding cake...Lots of Isabelle's buddies have been celebrating birthdays lately. Here is Winston with his Yo Gabba Gabba boombox cake. Isabelle's favorite TV show!





Isabelle and Daddy en route from one party to the next... With buddies Michael and Laine at William's party William Kneisel's football themed cake The cute birthday boy! Yup, that would be me hand-feeding Isabelle cake. This girl definitely knows what cake is and she is a great advertisement for my business. LOVES herself some cake!This was a not-so-fun hour of working when the power went out on a day when I had no time to lose. The 2 windows in the bakement and a battery operated lamp helped me get through!Bling cakes ahead...More fun kids cakes... One day while Isabelle was "helping" me in the bakement, I looked over and she was wearing an apron that she had found. A perfect fit! Our state senator's daughter's wedding cake delivered to Reidsville, NC:It's never too early to start training.Sometimes it's not just cake I am asked to make. A little risque. Nope, this is not for a bachelor party.10 hours of labor later (that hat took at least 30 minutes to complete!). Blind people...almost finished!Ta -dah!This was for an NYC living and UNC loving groom.Yep, it's all cake. Hand painted with edible food coloring. Yes, the box and the "shavings" are edible too.A fun wedding cake for a 2nd wedding...convertible car topper and a couple lady bugs (inside jokes, of course).This was the final result after a topper casualty on the way to the City Club. My sacred hot-glue gun came in handy at the last minute....gotta do what you gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment